Forum d'Aide de Forumcrea

N'hésitez pas à poser ici vos questions sur ForumCrea.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 30-08-2017 09:35:27

donnieclark
Membre

Direct Traffic

Hello Guys,

The most common shortcoming I see among instructors’ use of online discussion boards is that the instructors aren’t directive enough. Most instructors simply post a prompt and tell all students to respond. The instructors also might tell students to respond to each other.

Hosting effective discussion boards requires directing traffic. You need to specify not only the what (the prompt) but also the who (to respond to) and the when (it’s due).

For instance, to make effective the dual assignment of post-your-own-comment and respond-to-another-student’s-comment, create two separate assignments with two separate deadlines. One assignment and its due date is for everyone’s initial post; the other assignment and its separate due date is for everyone’s responses to other students’ initial posts.

Make the due dates for the two assignments at least 1 day apart. Companies are fast Integrated marketing campaign in their marketing and various touchpoints. Otherwise, there’s no guarantee that enough students will post until shortly before the first (and only) deadline. There are few things more frustrating to high-achieving students than to submit their initial post early and then have to scramble right up to the deadline while waiting for other students to post.

You can be even more directive with regard to whom each student should respond to. For some assignments, I require each student to respond to another student to whom no one else has yet responded. For other assignments, I require each student to respond to the same student to whom they responded on their last assignment (or conversely, a different one).

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com